Tuesday, March 22, 2016

Where would we be without photographs?

Years ago I would lie awake for hours with a million things on my mind.. I don't do that anymore. I think partly because Mary is there, so I relax, and fall into a deep sleep rather quickly.. The other reason, my mind is like scrambled eggs - all day, every day. I find myself in interesting conversations with some of the most amazing people I've ever known, enjoying the conversing then suddenly I can't remember what we are talking about.. It would be something if it was isolated, but it has become multiple times daily. Maybe it's older age, maybe I'm losing it - for now I will attribute my brain to being well done scrambled eggs.


When I last left you all, we had traveled to Jackson for testing to happen on Rhett. We have received the results and thankfully the tests did not show any indications of Leukodystrophy(s). We are so thankful to know things have been "weeded" out. As of today our plans are to continue his weekly physical therapy and follow up with the neurologist in May. We are still waiting on the genetic test they first ran to come back. There has been some reluctance from the insurance company to pay for the test, so our 3 week window has now become almost 7 weeks of waiting to hear. We are optimistic and have faith all will come out in Rhett's favor. In the meantime, Rhett did receive tubes two weeks ago and has been in a much better mood!


This past weekend we celebrated Noah's 5th Birthday and Levi's 2nd Birthday.


The boys both had a very great time and they especially enjoyed the bouncy house - as did we all!


We have been on the run so much lately that I was able to take a week away from work to spend time with Mary and the boys, we didn't do much of anything all week - it was rather nice. I was sure hoping to catch up on sleep and I bet my wife hoped that as well. We did enjoy multiple evenings of working out at the gym together - she is way more dedicated than I ever could be. It has been nice to turn my work brain off for a moment. Today was my first day back to work and I'm pretty sure it was harder on Mary than it was on me, raising these boys doesn't come easy - I give her big kudos.


We also celebrated our niece Ryleigh's 2nd Birthday this past weekend as well (she is 3 weeks older than Levi). While there, Rhett stood up against a child's table and side stepped with much help from his Mawmaw - kind of a cool day for all of us. He also decided to get up on all fours and take one crawling step! All the while his Mommy was in bed sick at home. :( I'm sorry she had to missed out but thankful for his progress.


Many things are happening in our world. We're hoping to continue the positivity that we have been blessed with, and we will continue to search for answers for Rhett. Noah & Levi are continuing to be Noah & Levi - hopefully they are learning the routines we are modifying for them.

Thank you all for your continued prayers for our family, we are very grateful.

No comments:

Post a Comment