Tuesday, September 20, 2016

he bids me go; thru the voice of woe - his voice to me is calling..

Years ago in a far away place I developed a burning desire to help people. At the time, I was too young to fully accept the responsibility I had tasked myself with and I've spent years attempting to "get it right". After today, I can't say that I'm any closer to completing the task but I will say I'm truly honored to be writing to each of you.

Today we laid our grandmother, Carolin, to rest at the age of 67. Sixty-Seven years seems like many years when you're young, but to most of us now - we are either halfway there or more than halfway there. Now I know what you're thinking, we were lucky to have had a grandparent into our adult life and you're right - I couldn't agree more.. but. The pain hurts more the longer you have with them, or at least that's the way I feel. And 67 doesn't seem so far away now.

Much has happened in the last week and it's shaping up to be a busy week ahead. We lost two amazing people within hours of each other and next week we celebrate the union of a sister and soon to be brother. The clock never slows down, this I know. But for just a moment, in the blur of the last three days, the clock has seemed to stand still as we've spent unforgettable moments with family and extended family. For this I'm thankful. In the time of the most sorrow we have been able to rekindle friendships and embrace family we often don't see.

Life passes before our eyes ever so quickly. Embrace the now. Do not put off for tomorrow what can be done today - you may never get it done. Call your mother, father, grandfather, grandmother, child, aunt, uncle, cousin or long lost friend and tell them you love them. This is my challenge to you.

"And he walks with me, and he talks with me. He tells me I am his own. And the joy we share, as we tarry there, none other has ever known." #314 In The Garden


Rest in Peace Together Uncle Poochie and GiGi Carol, we will join you soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment